Monday, February 28, 2011

My New Project

I have decided what one of my new projects is going to be. At least as far as the blogosphere goes.  Starting on the 1st of March I am going to work my way through the alphabet finding subjects to blog about.  For example today is brought to you by the letter A...

A.
Arts'n'crafts
Every year as the cold weather starts to move in, I naturally gravitate towards being crafty.  Usually this involves digging up my knitting needles, crochet hooks, mod podge, buttons and paper and settling in with a nice arts and crafts project.  This tends to run from scarves and hats
This is Kate.  I made her hat.

to silhouettes


My girls


and holiday decorations
These are Easter eggs.  They were beautiful.  You should have been there.
 . 
But this year was different.   Fall came and went and my knitting bag stayed firmly wedged on the top shelf of my closet.  The glue was nowhere to be found.  What could have caused this strange shift in behavior??  It's almost as if I was distracted by something.  Now here we are with spring looming around the next rain cloud and the itch is finally back.
It started with a little mosaic type birthday card. 
The H stands for Heather.  It's her birthday.
This isn't the card I made.  Mine is lots of different colors and is made of pieces cut from magazines.  Way better than this silly glass and glue monstrosity;)

Then, as the crafting urge grew stronger, I bought headbands.  Lots of headbands.  I am going to bedazzle them and decorated them within an inch of their life and then I am going to give them to my niece, Kate (wearer of the blue hat above) for her birthday on the 17th.  She will have a different one for every day of the week.  She and I have a slight obsession with headbands right now.  I think she'll appreciate them.  And if not, the headband fairy might just take them away and give them to her auntie Liz.  Who will flaunt them shamelessly.

I bought a huge thick book of gorgeous paper. 
See all the awesome designs??? No? You can't make them out in this tiny, shiny picture? What a shame!
I think some of it will serve as matting for framed photos and some of it is destined for cards or to be mounted on canvas or wood as wall art.  I never knew I could be so excited about paper.

On Saturday I took the girls to Michelle's house to play.  And what did we end up doing?  Why beading of course!  Although I must confess, I had such a difficult time picking out a pattern, I started over about 6 times and then gave it to Alex to finish.  But I had fun anyway!
So you see, it is quite appropriate that my blogging project is starting out with Art/Crafts.  It is something I LOVE to do.  It makes me feel warm and cozy.  Seriously. It does.  It's like hot apple pie for my mind. 
Tomorrow I am dragging my bag 'o knitting with me to work to start putting together some more hats.  Or flowers. Or afghans.  Who knows what I'll end up with?  All I DO know is that the fun is in the crafting.  Errr.. Arting.  (Hmmm... that doesn't quite roll off the tongue.  Oh well.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited about the headbands, cuz it's quite possible I might steal them too. You bring your big bag o' arts to my house and we'll sit together like two old biddies and while the evening away. =)

    While the evening away? Is that right? It doesn't look right. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are definitely one crafty mama!!!

    ReplyDelete