Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tomorrow, tomorrow...

Despite my lack of consistent blogging lately, I am still alive and well.  (Maybe not the best way to put it after that last post...sorry:))  There are 4 things I am excited about tomorrow. 

1. My weekly date with my sister Ruth Anne and my mom for coffee and fresh baked goods.  I think tomorrow is Pumpkin Spice baked doughnuts. YUM!  We get together, the kids play (for the most part...when they aren't fussing or pooping), Ruth Anne usually does the actual baking, but we ALL enjoy the eating!  And with a little coffee kick on the side it all just works.  It really does.

2. A therapy appointment with the Duke.  Now on this one I feel a smidge less excitement than #1.  Although I really like and respect the Duke, sometimes I feel all talked out.  I mean, he knows the story, he's heard how I feel about it, he knows what I worry about with the kids...it just feels repetitive sometimes.  Unless there has been a new development I get a little tongue-tied.  Sometimes I just want HIM to tell ME what he thinks I should be doing.  And how to do as little damage to my kiddos as possible.  I don't do well with long awkward silences while my mind races to think of something brilliant to say.  I know you can't tell from all the fabulous things I have to say on here, but sometimes my mind locks up and begins to operate on repeat.  And then I realize I'm repeating and stop and have nothing to fill the silence so I start coming up with clever things like..."so anyway"..."It's really cold outside today!"..."but it's been really nice to have some sun"..."I like sun"...you get the gist.  I'm looking for him to tell me the advice he would give his own daughter.  The good stuff.

3. This one drops another notch on the fun gauge.  I have an appointment to get some moles biopsied.  I have 2 that have appeared on my toes and one on my shin that is 2 different colors.  The thing about moles on your toes is that it can be REALLY bad.  It could be melanoma and the mole could be just the tip of the iceberg.  And the thing about moles that are multi-colored is it can be REALLY bad and be skin cancer.  And they might have to cut a good sized chunk out to get it all.  Or they could be harmless.  One of the two.  Either way I am relieved to have a certified dermatologist remove them and look at them under a microscope to decide which one it is.  Because frankly, WebMD sucks.  It makes you think you have full blown scarlet fever when maybe all you have is a stomach bug.  It can be dangerous in the wrong hands. 

4. The fun gauge is jumping back up on this one!  I am invited to go to my friend Michelle's house for dinner.  Michelle is someone I grew up with and was in my tight circle of friends.  She was the first of us to get married and then she started having kids and we lost touch.  I was living out of state and single, and it wasn't as natural to hang out all the time.  BUT I was able to talk to her the other night and remember how good it had been when we were more involved in each other's lives.  She is so easy to talk to  and so sincere.  She has been through some trials of her own and has grown from them.  In other words, a VERY good influence;)  I am determined to nurture the relationships with all my girl friends so that my life is full even as a single mother.  Plus I want Savannah to grow up knowing all the people that are important to me and for her to be surrounded by strong, godly women.

So that is my day tomorrow.  I am looking forward to it. 
As a side note, the last few times I have talked to C, it seems like he is doing better!  He said he had a cleaning day at the house which is a good sign.  He took Alex down to see his grandma and get out of the house, which is also good.  Thank you so much for your prayers.  He also said he would pray for my moles...which I think might have been a joke, but the fact that he is joking and that he isn't angry at God is all really good.  Hurray!

1 comment:

  1. Coffee Thursdays are the best, huh!? I love them, too. =)

    I'm glad you like them as much as me, and I'm super glad we see each other so much. I love watching Savannah and my kids loving her around to torture, um, I mean play with. ;-)

    I hope you have a super duper good time at dinner tonight!!

    ReplyDelete