Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pictures from the last week

The last few posts haven't had any pictures, so I thought I would catch you up on my activities with a photo blog.  Enjoy:)

I cut Alex's hair and it looked SO cute.  Until it dried the next morning and became a frizzed out afro-halo around her head.  I got in trouble by C for that one.  I didn't realize he felt very strongly about growing her hair out.  Oopsie.



This is from the back (talk about stating the obvious!) It had already started springing up more than I thought it would.  And would continue to do so.

Isn't it SUCH  a cute little bob?  A lady from work with tight curls told me about a new product to try to help the curls keep their nice ringlet shape and not morf into a frizzy mass.  I am going to try that out next time we wash her hair.  I will let you know if it's a success.  We've been searching for a good product for YEARS.
I got a free Christmas tree from someone at work who cut down a bunch on his property.  It is razor sharp and I have decided it will be going on the balcony and I will be springing for a new tree on Saturday.  One that I can string lights on without shredding the flesh on my arms. 




Savannah faced down her first airplane this week.

She thought it was pretty cool.

Couldn't get enough of looking at all the excitement happening outside.

She's my sweetheart.  Even if she did commence some serious caterwauling once we got on.



After we got back from Arizona, Alex came over because I had promised to straighten her hair for her birthday (Tuesday).  This is right after her bath.  Devious looking, isn't she?


"The curls must go!"






Somehow during the straightening process she aged about 8 years.  I'm not sure exactly how this happened.




She approved of the hair and kept running her fingers through it, swishing it around, checking herself out in the mirror, having me check her out in the mirror, you get the idea.  She loved it.




 She also loved of this awesomely delicious Marion berry pie from The Willamette Fruit Company.  Topped off with homemade whipped cream.  To die for.



The next day for her actual birthday we went to Pietro's Pizza with her best friend, Victoria (Tori).  Victoria reminds me so much of me when I was her age.  A little shy and self conscious but SUCH a pleasure to have around and spoil a little.


The mandatory Birthday Tiara

Showing off her super cute new t-shirt that she rushed to the bathroom to change into.  Yeah, I did good:)


A little sisterly love.

Dance, Dance, Revolution. Savannah couldn't stay away.  What she lacks in rhythm she makes up for in enthusiasm.

Victoria trying her hand at Deal or no Deal.

You would be surprised at how many tickets Savannah won just by going around pushing random buttons.  She did us proud.

This is Alex on Mt Dew.  Not pretty.  Not something I want to repeat for another year.;)

We had to drag Savannah off this Flinstone car ride.  I let her ride it twice and then resorted to rocking it with my hand.  She thought she was still riding.  Cheap mommy!

Everyone played games, won tickets and got to take home a bag of prizes for their efforts. 
Overall, I would say Miss Alexandria had a spectacular birthday.  And she still has her "official" birthday party on Sunday with all the family.  8 is an awesome thing to be!
Also, in case you hadn't noticed, this is my second post today.  So be sure to click on the older post link so you can hear how today REALLY went.

1 comment:

  1. You should pull Alex's "bangs" back in a clip... you know, like I do mine. ;-)

    Also, Tori's hairdo is identical to Kate's when she does her own. One big, chunky ponytail lopsided on her head. But she does look like a sweet child.

    Can't wait to be back and see you. I propose we have a girls night once a month that includes Ally McBeal, a good snack (monkey bread?) and alcohol. Yes?

    ReplyDelete