Monday, January 17, 2011

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Well, it's happened.  My faithful Honda now belongs to another family. 

I will miss you Red.  You were always good to me.  You traveled with me from California, across the seas to Guam.  From Guam to Texas and then the long drive up to Ohio, across to Washington, and home to Oregon.  We've seen a lot of places.  You've been through blizzards and scorching heat.  You've had your window smashed out not once but twice by thoughtless thugs.  You drove me to upstate New York for the funeral of a friend who died too young.  You were a constant in my life and I will miss you.  I think your new owner will treat you well.  When he looked you over and poked and prodded, I'm pretty sure he knew what he was doing.  He was respectful of you and spoke kindly to you.  He was impressed by your anti-theft system.  He approved of your timeless choice of cherry red.  He promised to treat you well. 
Good bye Red.  May your oil be changed regularly and cracker crumbs never fill your seat cracks. (again).
Amen.
Let us take a moment to remember Red...




Thank you.

In other news, I was UP a pound today.  Now how that is possible I can't exactly say.  I used hand cream yesterday, but one pound still seems excessive.  I just stepped on the scale tonight and unless the weight loss fairy does some heavy duty work tonight, it's not looking good for my weigh-in tomorrow.  I might be headed for an apple day. 

Now I can begin to look in earnest for a car.  I appreciate your prayers that the right one for me would present itself. 

I am going to go now and morn the loss of Red a little more.  Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Good Bye, Red. May all the cars that follow you be as reliable, dependable and awesome as you were. Enjoy your new family.

    And now... Let the car shopping commence!

    My word verification was ploweel. Plow wheel? Are you supposed to start driving an ox and plow????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since I didn't read this until the next day, I KNOW you were down!!! Hooray!
    I too am sorry to see Red go, but it's to a good home. and your back will so appreciate a 4 door ;)
    So Praying with you for a new, reliable, fun, car.

    and My word ver was OCRAT. "O CRAT Now I's gotta get me a new car!"

    ReplyDelete