Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Baby Blue




So sorry for the long break in posting.  I have been spending the majority of my time with my dear, sweet, sister, Ruth Anne.  Her husband is working out of town Mon-Thur for much of the foreseeable future and so us single moms have been hanging out.  I love it. 

Here is the breaking news on the car situation...I got a new one!:)  It was way more of an emotional thing than I had any idea it would be.  My friend M and I went car shopping together and to make a looong story short there was excitement, then horror, then tears, then hopelessness, then hope, then humbling and the final product was a 2010 Toyota Corolla....

She is beautiful.  And so smart!  Just kidding.  I totally feel like this is the perfect car for me.  It's not flashy, it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but it has everything that I need.  The main things being all the safety features and excellent gas mileage.  And with less than 29,000 miles, she will be with me for a long time.  Welcome to the family Baby Blue!  (She is actually dark grey, but when I first saw her she looked really dark grayish blue and the name has stuck.)
And because of the way God had things fall into place, despite my bankruptcy, I had the opportunity to get a loan with 2.9% interest rate. Unheard of! 

In other news, I have finished my round on HCG.  Not my finest round, but I did manage to slough off 13 more pounds.  Now the key is getting my body to establish this as a new normal so it doesn't creep back on and force me to re-lose the same pounds over and over.

Tomorrow I am doing my taxes, sending the paperwork to the bankruptcy trustee and hopefully closing out this whole bankruptcy chapter of my life. 

I apologize for this lackluster post.  I guess I need crisis to write well.  Regardless I am hoping to get back into posting more often and hopefully the creative juices will flow once more.

I hope you are all doing well.  You can think of me tomorrow as I enjoy an unscheduled day off work.  Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Post. I've been wondering when you'd hit the blog again. :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete