Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy Days Are Here Again

It's been a little while since my last post and I wanted to let you all know that I am doing quite well.
I have been on my diet for 10 days and lost about 8 pounds.  Usually by this time all I can think about is food and what I will eat once I get off the diet.  I have super intense cravings that make it hard to complete a round of HCG.  I am using a different brand of drops this time and the guy at the health food store said they were supposed to be stronger and that he had heard good things about them.  I will definitely use this brand in all future rounds of HCG.  It's so nice to not have to struggle through each hour of each day while on the diet.
 I also started back on Prozac 3 days ago.  It usually takes a couple weeks for it to get into your system, but I am already feeling so much better.  I think it might be from seeing the scale go down and from getting all the sugary, processed foods out of my body.
In other news, my car was diagnosed with an $1100 dollar problem.  I had wondered if exhaust was coming into the cabin, and the mechanic said it probably was, and to drive with the windows cracked.  When I told C about it, he said the manifold had been cracked for years and that he had tried to seal it up several times, but it gets so hot nothing would hold.  This got me to wondering if some of the brain fog I have experienced throughout the years is from toxins I've been breathing in while driving.  Yuck.  I think once I am off the diet I am going to do the 2 week cleanse.  It should be pretty simple since my body will already be used to eating whole foods and won't have to go into sugar/caffeine withdrawal.  Hopefully that will get out at least some of the unwanted toxins.  It's supposed to cleanse all different systems in the body.
I had been on the fence about selling the car.  I didn't know if I should just tough it out with a 2 door (getting Savannah into her car seat is quite the production) and save up money or if I should trade it in and get a newer car.  I just got all my debt wiped out in the bankruptcy and I thought maybe I should just use what I had and enjoy being debt free.  And then I found out the car has a crack in the manifold and it could be hurting Savannah and I. 
It caused all kinds of unrest for me.  I put it on craigslist and got a bunch of replies, but when I called people they didn't call back. And then at church today Pastor Ben talked about the widow who was heard because of her persistence.  He said to think about the thing that was bothering you and picture yourself giving that worry to God.  And to keep praying until something happened.  I felt silly praying about the car when there is so much bigger stuff going on in my life, but that was something that had been causing me worry.  I just prayed that God would let things fall into place.  If he wanted me to keep driving the car, I would, and when I had driven it long enough it would be sold.
I just checked my email and have more potential buyers that have replied.  I let them all know they can look at the car tomorrow and if they show up, good. If not, that's fine too.  I have made God aware of my needs.  He has already provided me with temporary transportation should the car sell.  My friend Mariya has an extra truck no one was using and she has kindly agreed to lend it to me.  I feel weird with Savannah in the front seat, but I am able to turn the airbag off.
I feel like the last few weeks have been really rough for me.  It felt like everything that could go wrong, was going wrong.  Even the small stuff was piling up.  I don't know why, but I feel like there has been a shift.  A weight has lifted off me and it feels like the clouds are starting to roll away.
I think even Savannah has felt it.  She has gone from this..


Saaaad


To this...

Happy:)
She has been so much fun lately.  I can't even put into words how much fun.  She is saying more things, copying me, and developing such a cool personality.  I am not exaggerating when I say she already has great comedic timing.  She makes these facial expressions that have me cracking up.  Unfortunately as soon as I pull out the camera she is too busy trying to see what I'm looking at in the camera to act natural.  I am so glad she is the baby I got to have.
So once again I am going to end by thanking God from the bottom of my heart for the blessings he has given me.  He is taking care of me just like he promised he would.

No comments:

Post a Comment