Wednesday, March 23, 2011

F is for Forgetful

And Flighty. And Frazzled. And Frustrated!
Lately my mind has been somewhere else.  My body is struggling to do the normal things (get up, get showered, dressed and to work on time, do laundry, dishes, and vacuuming...) and the absence of my brain is making even the simplest of tasks complicated.
I Forgot my phone at work on Friday.  This is the second time that has happened.  Each time I feel myself slipping a little closer to the Alzheimer's end of the Brain-Function scale.  I have started losing not only my phone, but my keys and books, and chargers, and remote controls, and Savannah's boots and jacket on a regular basis.  I can't even describe the frustration this is bringing upon me. 
My mind is struggling to come up with the correct words when I talk and is having difficulty organizing my thoughts. 
I really feel like I am losing it! 
Even as I sit, trying to write this, my mind is coming up blank.  What do I do???
I think part of the problem is that Savannah has started waking up several times during the night and not been able to soothe herself back to sleep.  Which means I am getting up several times during the night to rock her back to sleep.  She has also been so super extraordinarily incredibly horrifically grumpy.  She wakes up grumpy, is grumpy before eating, is grumpy after eating, is grumpy when I try to hold her, is grumpy when I don't try to hold her...you get the picture.  This is taking its toll on me.  Big Time.  I know this phase can't last forever.  I am chalking it up to teething.  And eventually her mouth will be full and no more teeth will come in.  Right??  In the meantime I am barely holding onto my sanity. This is what I feel like right now...



***I wrote the previous lines several days ago.  It is now Wednesday and things are gtting better.  Savannah is starting to work her way out of the grumps.  My mind is not completely normal, but I am able to recall simple words by concentrating reeeeaaaaalllly hard.  Hurray for small victories!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for little victories!

    And hey, if you go off the deep end, at least we'll have each others company. :-D

    Also, my word verification was RESTEDU. Rested u!! =)

    ReplyDelete