Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hold on to your hats!

I have a lot of catching up to do!  It's been awhile since I last posted (at least it feels like it) and so much has happened.

First of all I am happy to report good news about the house I foreclosed on.  For the last year and a half I have been getting notices from the city of Salem saying I would be fined if I didn't keep the yard and house up to code.  When I called to explain to them I no longer lived in the house and had in fact foreclosed on it they just told me my name was listed as the owner so it was my responsibility.  And oh yeah, if I didn't get it done I could be charged up to $250 a DAY until it was taken care of.  To make a long and drawn out story shorter, last Wednesday I got an email from a third party stating their company would begin working on the property for the mortgage company.  That huge burden is off my back!  I hope all that made some sort of sense.

Two days after that good news, I got a call from the child support division and the lady said "This case has been sitting here too long with nothing happening, what's the story?" (C hasn't paid any child support since the first week of last October) She wanted ALL the details on C, what kind of person he was, who he was living with, what kind of employee he was, how long I had his daughter living with me...I told her everything.  She then told me that while we were on the phone she was able to find his girlfriend's address and phone number (he has refused to give it to me or anyone in his family).  She also said she was going to suspend his driver's license, and hold him in contempt of court.  My favorite part was when she said "I am actually really excited to be working on this case!"  Music to my ears!!!  Even if I don't get any money from him, it's nice to know that someone is looking out for me and that he might be made to have some responsibility.

On Sunday my darling sweetheart of a daughter turned 3!  I will post some pictures tomorrow, I can't seem to find my camera chord tonight.  I had a party for her with all of the family (including C and his family) at a local park.  There were a ton of people there, but one was noticeably absent...guess who?  C.  The morning of the party he dropped Alex off at his mom's with no warning.  Didn't say anything to them, just drove away.   I asked Alex if he was planning on coming later and she informed me he thought he was coming down with the flu.  I wish he would be a little more creative with his "stories".  He never called to tell her happy birthday or anything.  It felt like another door was closed and I no longer will feel guilt about her having the right to see her dad and trying to force a relationship between them. The party went well, with a few tantrums thrown by C's mom when Savannah didn't fawn over the gift she had given her  (a homemade pillow, pillowcase, hair bands, and outfit) and again when Savannah just shrugged when she asked Savannah if she knew who she was.  Evidently her feelings were REALLY hurt.  blah.  I think next year the party will be MUCH smaller.  Maybe just the cousins that are around Savannah's age and the two new baby cousins.  It's her party and everyone was trying to get her attention and it seemed like she was getting pulled in too many directions.  Next year will be much simpler. 

The final news I have is not as fun.  The last few weeks my mindset has shifted to my health for some reason.  I feel like I have neglected it (other than the occasional fad diet) the last 5 years or so.  Little things that have bothered me for years are now being addressed.  Last Thursday I had a suspicious mole biopsied.  I am waiting for those results.  I also had a thyroid ultrasound done yesterday.  in 2004 I was in the military and our department got a new ultrasound machine.  They were practicing and randomly did a scan on my thyroid.  It showed a very small but very vascular nodule, along with several other smaller nodules.  The largest one was still too small to biopsy but they said to keep following up on it.  I got out of the military and promptly forgot.  Until last week.  Yesterday I saw my doctor and she ordered the scan.  Lucky for me I work at an imaging center so they fit me right in.  I got the report today and to sum it up the nodule has grown tremendously.  It is a complex solid mass with some calcifications in it that makes it "worrisome".  There is also a nodule on the other side that has grown a little bit since the last scan.  The doctor has ordered an ultrasound guided needle biopsy.  From what I've heard these are very painful and not always accurate.  I would appreciate prayers that God would guide the doctor's needle to get cancer cells if there are any in there.
I am not feeling too much anxiety at this point because even if the worse case scenario is true (cancer) thyroid cancer is usually not life-threatening.  It can be life altering though.  The thyroid controls SOOOOO many things in the body.  I don't have the biopsy scheduled yet, but I will keep you posted on what I find out!

I think that sums up the last few weeks.  I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the sunshine that is finally here!

2 comments:

  1. wow!
    praying for you, Liz! Nice to read an update...post again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness a lot has happened!!!!Will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete